Admission Policy for Overseas Indian Candidate and Foreign Candidate
Overseas Indian Candidate
Overseas Indian Candidate (OIC) are the Indian nationals with an Indian valid passport, residing outside India for at least 12 months continuously as on December 30, 2022.
Foreign Candidate are the foreign nationals who hold a valid passport of a foreign country.
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA i.e. 6 CGPA on a 10-point scale. The candidates are required to have a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score of 650 and above to apply for PGP program. Since medium of instructions is in English, a candidate has to have TOEFL passing certificate with a score of 80 in case of IBT or 520 in case of PBT.
1. An overseas candidate who seeks admission to two year PGP of IIM Raipur need to fulfil eligibility criteria as prescribed above and apply for admission in the prescribed application form. The last date for receipt of complete application documents is January 31, 2023 for the programme commencing in June/July, 2023. Candidates can apply to our programme as instructed below: Download the international application form and send the completed application by post along with the requisite documents listed below. The application packet must include copies of the following documents:
2. Mark sheets of Bachelor Degree and Qualifying Degree Certificate The Admissions Office will process the eligible applications and inform the candidates who are short-listed to appear for interview (if required). An interview call letter along with the interview form will be send to the short listed candidates. The interview may be conducted over telephone or by video conferencing mode.
3. Get the provisional admission letter from the Admissions Office, in order to obtain the VISA. Letter required for VISA will also be sent along with Admission Offer.
4. Show the Admission offer and recommendation letter meant for VISA to the Indian Embassy in the respective country and get a student visa endorsed to institution.
5. Report to the institution for admission. Fill the programme registration form and submit it with the following documents (in original along with a photocopy duly attested):
Note: The original certificates will be returned to the students immediately after making an endorsement to this effect and due verification of the same.
Medical Examination: Undergo the medical examination and get the medical fitness certificate. As per Government of India (I) rules all international students entering India on student visa have to be tested for HIV and will not be given admission if found to be positive. All international students will be required to pay medical fees of US $ 50, which includes the medical insurance cover for the first year. For second year, the medical insurance fees will be same as for other Indian students and is included in other fees.
6. Admission of international students will be confirmed only after verification of original certificates, medical fitness test and payment of required fees.:
7. Within a week of arrival in India register their names with the police in the Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) of the local Police.
Tuition Fee and payment schedule
After receiving provisional admission, the student should get the student VISA and complete all other requirements including fee payment. Student should report at the Institute for registration on July 1, 2023. Subsequently the candidate needs to pay the requisite fee as per the following schedule in Indian Rupees, based on the prevailing exchange rate in the RBI website on the day of payment. The amount shown in US$ is equivalent one.
Note that tuition fee includes cost of academic materials, library, computer lab and sports facilities. However, it does not include medical expenses.
The international students will abide by all the rules and regulations of the program set by IIM Raipur and the code of conduct as applicable to Indian students pursuing same program. The above rules will be applicable to international students of the PGP at IIM Raipur. In addition to these rules, the rules that are applicable for regular PGP students will also be applicable and the same will be given at the time of registration to the programme. In case of any differences on the interpretation of these rules and regulations, the interpretation of the Institute authorities will be final. The fees are liable to revision and students will have to pay the revised fees as applicable. The decision of the Institution authorities will be final and binding if the points are not stated.
Click here for Application Form